Ablative Coated Batt
The ROCKWOOL 50mm Ablative Coated Batt is a mineral wool insulation product, pre- coated on both sides with a high performance ablative coating. It has been comprehensively tested as part of the ROCKWOOL FIREPRO® range of fire protection products and can be installed across a variety of services and substrates including solid walls and floors, flexible walls, multi-service penetrations, the head of wall, blank seals and face fixed applications as well as large framed service voids. The Ablative Coated Batt is tested to provide up to 4 hours fire resistance whilst also providing an excellent acoustic performance and importantly, maintaining air tightness and reducing unwanted heat losses. Ablative Coated Batts are not intended for use as load-bearing seals. Where a load bearing seal is required, ROCKWOOL Firestop Compound should be considered.
- BS EN 1366-3: 2009 and the dedicated fire resistance standard for linear joint seals
- BS EN 1366-4:2006
- Ablative Coated Batt has been classified in accordance with BS EN 13501-2
- Third party accreditation through Certifire
- CE Marked to EAD 350454-00-1104 - ETA 20/1128
- Ease of installation - the ROCKWOOL Ablative Coated batt can be easily cut to the size and shape required to fit the aperture and penetrations. Cuts to the batt should be kept to a minimum.
- Application - ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant to be applied to all cut edges of the batt ensuring an even cover is achieved over the entire thickness of the batt. Some applications may require the use of the FIREPRO Glue to cut edges.
- Excellent fire resistance from a single thickness batt - tests have proved the capability of a single 50mm Batt to provide up to 2 hours fire resistance integrity and insulation. Where 4 hours integrity and insulation is required, the use of the 60mm Ablative Coated Batt is recommended.
- Durable – a reliable and long lasting insulation solution.
- Tested for airtightness – also providing the crucial benefits of a proven acoustic seal and preventing the passage of smoke.
- Environmental – as with all ROCKWOOL products, the Ablative Coated Batt is made from a renewable and plentiful naturally occurring resource. ROCKWOOL insulation saves fuel costs and energy in use and relies on trapped air for its thermal properties.